Apress (10-2010) | 336 Pages | ISBN: 143027199X | PDF | 3.0Mb
Beginning JavaFX /by Praveen MohanThe. open source JavaFX platform offers a Java-based approach to rich Internet application (RIA) development—an alternative to Adobe Flash/Flex and Microsoft Silverlight.
At over 100 million downloads, the new JavaFX 2.x is poised to be a significant player now.
Written by a JavaFX engineer and developer, this book is one of the first on the new JavaFX 2.x platform to give you the following:
The fundamentals of JavaFX scripting on desktop and mobile platforms
Examples of RIAs using JavaFX Graphics
Media and animation using JavaFX
See how JavaFX gives you dynamic Java effects in your RIA application development.
What you’ll learn
* How to use the JavaFX scripting language, beginning with a simple “Hello, World” application
* How to use JavaFX data types, operators, expressions, functions, sequences, bindings, triggers, and more
* How to work with the JavaFX classes, packages, exception handling, inheritance, and more
* How to use JavaFX Graphics
* How to work with JavaFX animation
* How to create a working RIA using JavaFX